All you need is one pan and 30 minutes for this healthy One Pan Tuscan Chicken meal to come together!
Do you ever find a new favorite song, that you then proceed to listen to on repeat, non-stop, until you get absolutely sick of it??
If so, you’re my kinda people — that is me to a T. In fact, here’s what I’m currently jamming to on repeat.
However that’s also how I feel with this One Pan Tuscan Chicken dish. I made it for the first time maybe a little over a year ago, and it is a repeat REGULAR on our dinner menu (and shoot, even meal prepped lunches!).
Many of the ingredients are pantry items that you simply combine with some chicken thighs and fresh produce — all in one pan.
Ingredients in One Pan Tuscan Chicken
- Coconut oil or ghee: great for adding a little extra flavor to saute the veggies and cook the chicken
- Chicken thighs: you could also use breasts, but the fat from the thighs gives SO much more flavor
- Yellow onion: a classic for sauting
- Minced garlic: same as above..and, you can NEVER have too much garlic
- Kale: I prefer dino kale, but you could also use curly kale. We also use spinach!
- Sundried tomatoes: look for brands that come dried or preserved in water
- Full fat coconut milk: this lends the dish a creamy flavor; if you tolerate dairy, feel free to add in some heavy cream
- Whole grain mustard: an extra pop of flavor comes from the added mustard
- Artichoke hearts: these add a little extra fiber and bulk to the meal as a whole
- Capers: a fun flavor addition!
- Herbes de Provence: my go-to spice blend right now
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Sea salt and pepper
How to make One Pan Tuscan Chicken
As for the method, it’s pretty straight forward. Heat some oil in a pan, saute the onion and garlic, then add in the chicken to cook. Season as desired then add in the sundried tomatoes and kale, then the coconut milk, artichoke, mustard, and capers. After that you’re really just letting things cook down together for 15 or so minutes! In this time, you can cook up some rice, cauliflower rice, or throw a zucchini into a zoodler. White beans would also be a yummy carb source, and you could add those right into the pan as well!
To finish, top off with fresh grated cheese, then enjoy!
One Pan Tuscan Chicken
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil, ghee, or avo oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 9 to 12 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp herbes de provence
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- pecorino romano or parmesan reggiano, to garnish as desired
- Heat desired amount of fat of choice in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in diced onion and minced garlic, sauting until fragrant, about 60-90 seconds. Add chicken to cook, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper, herbs de provence, onion and garlic powder as desired.
- Once chicken is mostly cooked, add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes and kale. Stir together then cook for an additional 3-4 minutes to allow kale to wilt.
- Add in coconut milk, mustard, artichoke hearts and capers, and stir everything together once again. Allow mixture to come to a boil briefly, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve alongside a bed of rice, cauliflower rice, white beans, noodles, or zucchini noodles. And feel free to garnish with some hard cheese like pecorino romano or parmesan for some extra flavor 🙂